Modes of Employment: Full-time
Task Area: Maintenance / Service / Installation
SSI SCHAEFER is one of the world’s leading suppliers of high-quality static storage solutions, intra logistics and automated material handling systems.
As the Resident Maintenance Shift Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring all activities relating to both the agreed PPM plan and reactive maintenance are carried out within the agreed time frame. You will report directly to the Resident Maintenance Site Supervisor who will issue all relevant PPM lists and reactive maintenance tasks.
• Day to day maintenance of the fast flowing material handling equipment.
• Delivery of key service elements such as planned preventative maintenance, fault rectification and fault eradication.
• Ensure all aspects of their working day are logged as per the agreed method
• Drive continuous improvement on site with their peers and others
• Fully interact with the customer in day to day activities.
• Ensure compliance with site CMMS
• To fully embrace and ensure delivery of all aspects of the clients business.
• Identify and resolve issues with the materials handling equipment, including identification of root causes, working proactively with the customer operations team.
• Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and submit proposals.
• Effectively communicate throughout the SSI team and with the customer.
• We have Systems and Procedures in place that cover how as a business, we deal with the management of Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety.
• Each job holder is expected to acquaint themselves with those procedures, and ensure they fully comply and adhere with the requirements, as they apply to their job role.
• Employees have responsibilities for their safety whilst at work and to co-operate with the Company on all health & safety requirements.
• Employees have responsibility for information security for all information associated with SSI Schaefer during employment and where appropriate in respect of Confidentiality, which may extend beyond the employment period.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience
• ONC/HNC/BTEC/NVQ III or equivalent in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
• A recognised apprenticeship in an appropriate engineering discipline.
• Recognised cross training from Mechanical to Electrical Engineering of vice versa.
• PLC knowledge and experience is advantageous.
• Health and Safety Qualifications desirable.
• Experience of automated materials handling equipment.
• Ability to work at height.
• Highly proficient verbal and written communication skills desirable.
• Good team working skills.
• Self-motivated and works on own initiative.
Travel through UK as and when required
As and when required overseas travel
The RM Engineer will also be required to complete a Night Worker Risk Assessment.
Warehouse – Automated Machinery
Full product training will be given
Shift based 24/7 rotation working either 6.00 am to 6.00 pm or 6.00 pm to 6.00 am. Working week totals to an average of 42 hours per week