• Utilized warehouse space: The warehouse space cannot be expanded due to the structural conditions
• Low picking performance: Insufficient delivery quality and adherence to delivery dates lead to declining customer satisfaction
• Threat to competitiveness: Cost pressure due to manual warehouse processes with rising personnel costs
• No continuous flow of goods: material buffering leads to unproductive work processes and takes up storage space
• Meet just-in-time, just-in-sequence and Kanban specifications
• High responsiveness and reliable availability of goods
• Due to general conditions, change from manual processing to partial automation
• Solution must be integrated into two existing halls in a limited space
• Reduction of operating and personnel costs
MPE opted for a combined system solution by SSI SCHAEFER, consisting of mobile racks and automated guided vehicles. The installation of the mobile racking system with 5,100 pallet spaces within the structural conditions as well as the implementation of the AGVs required a seven-month construction period.
Both buildings are connected by a bridge at a height of six meters. Pallets with goods from production are transferred to a conveyor belt, lifted vertically to the second level and fed into the mobile racking system.
AGVs carry out the storage of pallets as well as the retrieval of required load carriers, their transport and provision to the shipping area.